The Windows Insider Blog announces the release of Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.2115 and Build 22631.2115. The new builds introduce new features, with some turned off by default. Insiders previously on Build 22624 will automatically move to Build 22631 via an enablement package. A bug bash is scheduled for August 2nd, covering the latest features in preview builds across various channels.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.2115 and 22631.2115: What’s New?
Exciting news for Windows Insiders! The latest Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.2115 and Build 22631.2115 (KB5028251) are now available in the Beta Channel. The key difference between the two builds is that Build 22631.2115 rolls out new features while Build 22621.2115 keeps them off by default.
“Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.2115 and Build 22631.2115 (KB5028251) to the Beta Channel.”
Insiders who were previously on Build 22624 will automatically be moved to Build 22631. This is done through an enablement package, which artificially increments the build number for the update with new features. This approach is exclusive to the Beta Channel.
Opting for New Features
Insiders in the group with new features turned off (Build 22621.xxxx) can choose to install the update that will have features rolling out (Build 22631.xxxx).
August 2023 Bug Bash
Starting August 2nd, the next bug bash will take place. This event will cover the latest features available in preview builds across the Canary, Dev, and Beta Channels.
Improvements in Build 22631.2115
Narrator users interacting with Traditional Chinese characters can now do so confidently. This is thanks to the creation of a Traditional Chinese dictionary for detailed reading. However, detailed reading is only supported for the Taiwan language pack.
Fixes for Both Builds
Both builds bring several fixes affecting the Handwriting Software Input Panel (SIP), the Handwriting Engine, Handwriting Embedded Inking Control, and text edit controls in XAML. They also address issues affecting the Windows Kernel Vulnerable Driver Blocklist, certain CPUs, wireless wide area network (WWAN) devices, user mode printer drivers, and hybrid joined devices.
“This update addresses an issue that affects certain CPUs. There is inconsistent reporting of the L2 cache.”
Stay tuned for more updates and improvements in the coming builds.
- Release of Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.2115 and Build 22631.2115.
- Build 22631.2115 introduces new features, while Build 22621.2115 has new features turned off by default.
- Insiders on Build 22624 will automatically transition to Build 22631 via an enablement package.
- Bug bash scheduled for August 2nd, covering latest features in preview builds across Canary, Dev, and Beta Channels.
- Several changes and improvements, including support for GB18030-2022 conformance level 2 in Handwriting Software Input Panel, and fixes for issues affecting certain CPUs and wireless wide area network devices.
From the Windows Blog