What is LAPS?
LAPS (Local Administrator Password Solution) is a free Microsoft tool that helps IT administrators securely manage the local administrator passwords on their Windows devices. It is designed to help administrators reduce the risk of local administrator password compromise.
Microsoft has released new features for LAPS that include:
– A new PowerShell module for managing LAPS
– A new Group Policy Client Side Extension (CSE)
– Support for Windows 10, version 1809
– Improved logging and reporting
How to Provide Feedback?
Microsoft is looking for feedback from IT administrators on their experience with LAPS. To provide feedback, users can:
– Use the Feedback Hub app
– Submit feedback via the UserVoice forum
– Contact Microsoft Support
“We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback and continuing to make LAPS an even better solution for managing local administrator passwords.”
Key points from the article:
From the Windows IT Pro Blog